Extensive experience with all facets of small organization-accounting and business administration, both for profit and nonprofit.
With my varied experience, I can assist you in resolving difficulties and reaching your goals!
AUDITS AND REPORTING
• Financial audit involvement including federal audits.
• For internal needs, budget to actual, budget to forecast, dashboard and other analysis for board finance committee/internal owners.
ACCOUNTING PROCESS including Day-to-Day, Month-End Close, Reconciliations, Problem Resolution.
• Managed all parts of day-to-day cycle. Focused on continuous process improvement to achieve optimal efficiency with complete accuracy.
• Month-end and quarter-end close complete with accounting reconciliations, adjusting journal entries, program/project/department reporting of actual and variances, dashboard analysis, updating of year-end forecasts, and all related to budgeting.
ADMINISTRATION & HUMAN RESOURCES:
• Benefits administration, hiring & termination process considerations, employee manuals (can index them as well!).
• Internal documentation such as procedure notes for staff and management, both on accounting process and on software use; Employee Handbooks; other written support documents.
Accounting Transitions & Special Projects, Reporting, Systems Optimization.
Industry Sectors: Nonprofit, Tech & Svcs, Wholesale/Retail, others.Clarity Solutions specializes in optimizing software implementation, establishing exceptional reporting processes, and creating fast, effective accounting systems.
Clarity Solutions is the dba of Claire Stokes, sole proprietor. Claire has a B.S. in Accounting from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (1989), and has been working in the accounting field ever since (as well as being involved with databases, accounting software, personnel and human resources, and other related aspects.
Claire has been a Quickbooks ProAdvisor, certified on both 2009 and 2010 Quickbooks Premier. She is available to help with any Quickbooks projects including one-time tune-up, problem-solving, glitches, adding reports, dealing with prior outdated information, etc.. She is also extremely familiar with Peachtree and MIP, and is planning to re-familiarize herself with AccountEdge very soon!
Outsource accounting services are also available. These may include month-end review, financial audit preparation, special projects, other including short-term substitute services for staff who are on sick/vacation/medical leave.
Nauen Mobile Accounting is a separate entity, providing accounting service through a team of dedicated professionals. Clarity Solutions and Nauen Mobile Accounting refer clients to each other when optimal, and work closely together in various ways.